Senior Account Manager
You love, love, love the brands we work with. You drink Clipper Tea, you eat Dorset Cereals, you bathe in Yeo Valley milk. But most importantly, you can’t wait to work with the most creative, open-minded clients on the planet – nice people who trust you and your team to come up with some cracking ideas on a daily basis.
You’re so bright your doctor’s prescribed you a dimmer switch. You’re so multitasking, you’re reading this whilst unicycling. You’re so self-motivated, you’ve already applied for the job and you haven’t even read the description yet! You obsess about detail, you crush deadlines, you’re as persistent as a spider, as organised as the mafia and change gear like Lewis Hamilton. Discrete like Bond, professional like Jobs and you understand why a job description like this should be fun to read.
That’s you, and you’ll be showing off your ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with virtually no guidance by reacting with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and taking effective action without having to know the whole picture. Sound fun? Sound challenging? Want to bring cakes for the team each morning? Great!
What do our account managers actually do at big fish?
They look after us and our clients to ensure we all deliver our promises. Sometimes, they need to give people a little reminder, a push or even a nudge with the tact and diplomacy of Kofi Annan. They put together proposals, estimates, specifications, schedules and briefs. Occasionally they turn their hand to a bit of planning, research and creative brainstorming. It’s even been reported that they’ve been seen wielding a scalpel, branding a burnisher and making a mockup or two. Our account managers all have superhuman powers.
You will need…
• at least four years’ experience in account management (preferably a lot more)
• a good working knowledge of packaging, print and production processes
• experience of commercial brand strategy
• to be comfortable taking ultimate responsibility for quality, deadlines and budgets
• to be able to keep work on brief (as well as on schedule)
• equally strong literacy, numeracy and administrative skills
• to be a whizz at spreadsheets with excellent organisational skills
• to have worked on digital projects as well as print
• to love working with people who treat you like a member of their family
• to live and breath the brands we work with (we only work with brands we’d consume ourselves)
• to love river views stretching the length of the Thames (we have riverside studios)
It would be a real bonus if…
• love dogs (we occasionally have dogs in the studio)
• bake cakes (we have our own kitchen)
We always start by asking you – what sort of a salary are you looking for? You tell us what you’re likely to cost and we’ll tell you if our pockets are deep enough.
If we like the cut of your jib, your CV and the things people say about you we’ll invite you over for a cup of tea. We don’t like interviews as they’re a tad formal. So, instead, we’ll just give you a tour of our place and tell you about us. Then we’ll have a chat and ask you to keep us entertained with stories for as long as you or we can bear.