awards + recognition
We don’t really believe in entering lots of awards, but on the rare occasions we do, we’ve been lucky enough to win some good ones.
- • A Gold Design Effectiveness Award for Dorset Cereals
- • A Natural & Organic Award for Best New Packaging
- • A Dieline Award for branding and packaging Steve’s Leaves
- • A coveted Pentaward for our Clipper Tea range of packaging
- • A Design Week Award for Gü
- • A Design Week commendation for Dorset Cereals
Awards are all very lovely, however, our greatest recognition has to be the commercial successes that we’ve helped develop and the honour of being made equity partners in some of our clients’ businesses. Here are just a few examples:
- Dorset Cereals – the business was acquired by Langholm Capital for circa. £9 million who contracted us to rebrand and market it. It was subsequently sold two and a half years later for an estimated £45 million to The Wellness Group with whom we still work. Apart from growing the category and building an incredible brand story, we have also managed to recruit over 500k consumers to opt-in to receive regular communications from Dorset Cereals. This is approximately one third of their consumers. This has become a benchmark for excellence in consumer loyalty initiatives.
- Gü Chocolate Puds – we formed the other half of the startup team with Jim Averdieck and Motty Wosner. We helped them through their entire journey through to the point where the brand was sold six years later for an estimated £33 million to Noble Foods with whom we still work. Gü has become a world wide challenger brand story and is currently approaching the £100 million turnover mark.
- sofa.com – we were invited to be part of the startup team with Rohan Blacker and Pat Reeves in 2006. The brand has now reached sales of nearly £20 million, operating incredibly efficiently and profitably. We have an equity stake in sofa.com and have worked as partners across their brand, design and marketing in London, New York and the Netherlands. If you need a sofa we can get you mates rates!
- Biscuiteers – Stevie Congdon and Harriet Hastings asked us to join them as partners in their startup. This little business punches well above its weight. We’ve helped grow the brand to just under £2 million with no additional capital investment as it became cash positive in the first six months and is still growing at 20%. Apart from the serious business of branding, design and marketing we also have a lot of fun testing the products, which, as we write this, is a Jolly Gingerbread Man being prepared for a cardiac operation! Click here to find out more >