Design Director (maternity cover)
We’re a world class brand, design and marketing consultancy with some awesome clients looking for an experienced Design Director to join our wonderful team.
Someone who creates challenging, unconventional design work that defies trends and wows clients and fellow designers alike. The design directors at big fish need to be methodical thinkers as well as creatively broad-minded designers, so you’ll be someone who can identify the problem quickly and solve it with simple, effective and commercially sensitive solutions. You’ll spend most of your time putting pen to paper and getting stuck into design, as well as pushing the less experienced members of the team to be more and more creative on a daily basis.
You need a minimum of 7 years experience for this role.
Please attach your CV when applying. We also want to see your lovely work, so please include a link in your CV to your portfolio. (Website, wetransfer or dropbox all works!)
What we’re looking for…
- Great taste and brilliant art direction skills
- Experience in art directing photo shoots and illustration
- Strong typography with a keen eye for colour and form
- A great communicator who can present ideas confidently
- A love of being part of a team and helping others to make their work even better
- Ability and vision to design across all media platforms
- Minimum 7 years experience working as a designer
- Experience in print processes and the technical side of design
- Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Docs and Google Slides
- A portfolio packed full of fabulous packaging and identity projects
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Creative standard-bearer, flying the flag for the quality of our output
- Creating beautiful design work: painting, drawing, filming, recording…
- Taking control of the most complex and strategic problems that we work on
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Working closely with clients and selling our ideas
- Presenting work both internally and to our clients
Why work with big fish?
An independent family business…
- We’re hell bent on doing great work that makes a positive difference to people’s lives and the planet
- We have a 25 year proven track record in world class consultancy creating commercially successful and creatively excellent work
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free
- We occasionally invest in some of our clients and become partners with them
- We’re lucky to have some incredibly talented people and amazing clients
We believe all businesses should be a force for good.
- We’re currently transforming our company into a BCorp.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We strive to ensure everyone feels able to grow in their careers
- We believe that different ideas, perspectives and experiences fuel creativity and create a stronger, more vibrant working environment.
- We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion and identity.
We have fabulous, spacious riverside offices
- They overlook the Thames with incredible views and wonderful light
- We offer flexi hours and virtual working
- In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity
- We never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year
- This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve in helping businesses grow as forces for good.
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
Our motto is…
In good we trust
Interested? Click here to apply >