We’re a world class brand, design and marketing consultancy with some awesome clients looking for an experienced hands-on Brand and Packaging Designer to join our wonderful team.
If you love nothing more than a blank sheet of paper and are interested in working for clients such as Dorset Cereals, Yeo Valley, Tyrrells, Sipsmith (and lots more!) then please read on.
You will be collaborating with some insanely bright, talented, creative people who think big, dive deep and swim fast.
You’ll need to have brand design and food packaging design experience for this role. We have a very strong love of illustration so you’ll need to share that passion too.
Please attach your CV when applying. We also want to see your lovely work, so please include a link in your CV to your portfolio. (Website, wetransfer or dropbox all works!)
What we’re looking for…
- The drawing skills of Christoph Niemann
- A thousand ideas a minute
- Strong typography with a keen eye for colour and form
- Great taste and brilliant art direction skills
- Experience in art directing photo shoots and illustration
- A great communicator who can present ideas confidently
- A whizz with an iPadPro and a Sharpie so you can draw and communicate ideas quickly
- The ability to question everything without fear of failure
- A love of being part of a team and helping others to make their work even better through collaboration
- Ability and vision to design across all media platforms
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a designer
- Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Google Docs and Google Slides
- A portfolio packed full of fabulous packaging and identity projects
- Experience working with clients in food and drink producing brand identities and packaging design
- Designing consistently jaw droppingly good work
- Turning complex briefs into simple stunning solutions
- Visualising your ideas to a high standard
- Taking feedback and interpreting it constructively
- Collaborating with account managers, copywriters and any other members of our team
In return for your hard work and brilliance, we’ll make sure you learn heaps, enjoy being part of our family, and get to eat lots of delicious food, too!
Why work with big fish?
An independent family business…
- We’re hell bent on doing great work that makes a positive difference to people’s lives and the planet
- We have a 25 year proven track record in world class consultancy creating commercially successful and creatively excellent work
- We choose to only work with clients we respect, admire and whose products and services we’d consume ourselves.
- We never creatively pitch and don’t believe in giving away work for free
- We occasionally invest in some of our clients and become partners with them
- We’re lucky to have some incredibly talented people and amazing clients
We believe all businesses should be a force for good.
- We’re currently transforming our company into a BCorp.
- We’re dedicated to helping impact the climate emergency in everything we do.
- We strive to ensure everyone feels able to grow in their careers
- We believe that different ideas, perspectives and experiences fuel creativity and create a stronger, more vibrant working environment.
- We are committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion and identity.
We have fabulous, spacious riverside offices
- They overlook the Thames with incredible views and wonderful light
- We offer flexi hours and virtual working
- In addition to standard holiday we give everyone their birthday off and a day to work for their favourite charity
- We never ask people to work between Christmas and New Year
- This year we are closing the whole company for a week in the summer so we can all go and have a relaxing time doing whatever we fancy.
Our vision, mission and values
- Our vision is to become globally respected for the advice we give and the results we achieve in helping businesses grow as forces for good.
- Our mission is to help start, transform and grow businesses that share our values and help positively impact the climate emergency.
- We value integrity, intelligence, creativity, kindness, a thirst for knowledge, bravery, independence, diversity, mutuality, people who speak truth to power, those who strive for better, and most importantly, people’s right to a happy, healthy work life balance.
Our mantra is…
Think big, dive deep, swim fast
Our motto is…
In good we trust
Interested? Click here to apply >