Senior Account Director
Ok, so let’s be honest here, this job isn’t for the faint hearted or inexperienced chancer!
Being a Senior Account Director at big fish requires supernatural, superhuman skills.
At big fish, we empower people and give them responsibility for running pieces of business within a supportive environment where we are all focussed on one big goal. And that goal is simply to make life more rewarding for the consumer without harming the planet, whilst ensuring our clients and everyone involved in the projects we work on are rewarded in the process.
What do our Senior Account Directors actually do at big fish?
We run a very flat management structure at big fish as we are not massive fans of hierarchy. (We’re more pizza than pyramid you might say!)
Senior Account Directors at big fish are crucial and play a vital role in helping us grow our business in line with our core values. We never put our commercial ambition before our integrity. That’s why we only work with clients whose products and services we would consume ourselves and who we trust, respect and admire.
Each Account Director has their own set of key accounts which we ask them to run with one or two account managers to help them. This is a hands-on job and not just some internal management role where you’ll spend your day having one-to-one’s and “catchups”. Your time will be spent working with clients and our teams on fast-paced, live projects with our superhuman strategists, creatives and producers.
Your day to day responsibilities include:
- • Ensuring we maintain strong and happy commercial relationships with our clients by constantly delivering success stories
- • Winning, developing and managing business with new and existing clients
- • Planning, budgeting, resourcing and delivering detailed project proposals
- • Directing those projects within budget, with the help one or two account managers
- • Line managing your team
- • Providing weekly commercial dashboard reports for the management team
- • Ensuring we continue to build and maintain a fabulous culture at big fish and make it the nicest place to work in the world
- • Keep us earning, learning and having fun!
So, that’s the nitty gritty bit. We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on, highly experienced Senior Account Director to join our exciting, creative, forward-looking team based in Chelsea Wharf. Being a leading brand design and marketing consultancy means we get to work with incredibly talented people and some fantastic companies, and if that gets you going we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be the senior point of contact for business owners through to marketing directors. We need you to be terrific with people and super effective at developing plans, taking and influencing briefs, and suggesting strategic solutions. Inspiring confidence while juggling priorities and pushing projects along will be second nature.
You will handle…
- • writing creative briefs
- • cost proposals and budgeting
- • mentoring and directing your account team
- • providing consultative advice
- • research and insight
- • internal briefing
- • internal reviewing
- • client presentations
- • profitability reporting
- • identifying new business opportunities
You will need…
- • at least seven years’ experience, preferably a lot more
- • working knowledge of packaging, print and production processes
- • to be well-versed in the digital environment
- • excellent knowledge of marketing strategies
- • to be able to manage and own a profit and loss account
- • experience in working with brand strategists
- • to be comfortable taking ultimate responsibility for account performance
- • to use your brand understanding to keep the work on-brief (as well as on-schedule)
- • excellent literacy, numeracy and administrative skills
- • to be a whizz at spreadsheets and have amazing organisational skills
We don’t believe in asking people to work for less than they’re worth, which is why we ask you to tell us what you’re likely to cost and then we’ll tell you if our pockets are deep enough.
If we like the cut of your jib, your CV and the things people say about you we’ll invite you over for a cup of tea.
If you like us and we like you, then we’ll put you in front of “The Bishop” (that’s our nickname for our HR chap). He does all the tests and the tough stuff to make sure you’re up to the job. If that goes well, then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.
Strictly no agencies please