In a nutshell…
We are looking for a Trainee Office Manager who is super happy and absurdly well organised to assist our Office Manager in managing the facilities and front desk here at big fish.
- Front of house.
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Booking meeting rooms/organising lunches and refreshments.
- Screening calls & taking detailed accurate messages when necessary.
- Keeping the whole of the big fish operation ship shape, tidy and client ready at all times.
- Daily and weekly routines to ensure the four floors of our establishment are all kept up to a high standard of presentation and in good working order including:
- Weekly stationery inventories to ensure all stock is up to date & ordering more when necessary.
- Managing and ordering the weekly Ocado order which includes a delicious Friday breakfast!
- Managing and distributing all incoming and outgoing post & couriers.
- Assist the office manager with ad hoc projects and help arrange big fish events.
- Administrative duties.
- Weekly flower arranging!
- And probably a lot more than we have room to list here!
What we are looking for…
- An articulate, bright, energetic, people person with boat loads of initiative who enjoys helping others
- We need you to be super positive and leave a positive impact on the people you interact with.
- Your memory skills are top notch, you remember previous visitors by name and even know their drinks order off by heart!
- Extremely organised, confident and happy to muck in and help wherever you can.
- Mac & Google Suite literate with fast typing skills.
- A keen interest in sustainability is essential as we are a business whose mission is to help save the planet!
- You must love animals and be comfortable with being around them as we have a few office dogs who come to visit so looking after our 4 legged friends is often part of the role.
- You are looking to be part of a highly ambitious, fast moving company that works hard, supports each other and has a lot of fun along the way.
A few big fish perks…
- 28 Days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Take your birthday off
- We have never worked between Christmas and New Year in 25 Years!
- Bread & Spread, Fruit, Dorset Cereals, Clipper Tea & Coffee available all day everyday.
- Friday breakfasts.
- Summer and Christmas Parties.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Practical things you need to know:
- You must live within 30-40 mins journey time to SW10 0QJ.
- You must be happy to run errands and take on ridiculous requests at a moment’s notice (we once needed to find a bird of prey for a photo shoot in two hours!)
- Official working hours for this role are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 6pm.
- We behave like one big happy family.
- We say that our people work ‘with’ not ‘for’ big fish.
- We encourage everyone at big fish to be creative and contribute to the creative work we do for our clients, even our accountant!
Interested? Click here to apply!